est. 2007

Whitewater Township, Ohio, United States
My wife Julie and I purchased our property in June 2007. Our home sits on seven acres of hillside overlooking the Whitewater River valley in western Hamilton County, Ohio roughly 20 miles west of Cincinnati. The property is well wooded and boasts a pond of about 1/5th acre. Our professional careers dictate we live in Hamilton County, which makes a country setting a bit difficult to find in a county of almost 1 million people. We share the property with our son Casey (3 1/2), and a herd of domesticated animals including 2 dogs, 3 cats, 3 parrots, and 4 Blue Swedish ducks, 10 Buff Orpington chickens, not to mention my oldest hobby aquarium fish.

Thursday, July 23, 2009

First Eggs

Got my first egg earlier this week, and have collected at least one egg each day since July 15th with the exception of the 17th. Right now they are small, with each weighing about 1 1/2 ounces. I've been told they will increase in size to about 3-4 ounces in time. I certainly hope this is true. The roosters are driving my wife nuts with their constant "badgering" of the hens, and I don't know how much longer she will put up with it. They may not be among us much longer, if she has anything to say about it. I have to admit it was much more than I expected.

No comments: