est. 2007

Whitewater Township, Ohio, United States
My wife Julie and I purchased our property in June 2007. Our home sits on seven acres of hillside overlooking the Whitewater River valley in western Hamilton County, Ohio roughly 20 miles west of Cincinnati. The property is well wooded and boasts a pond of about 1/5th acre. Our professional careers dictate we live in Hamilton County, which makes a country setting a bit difficult to find in a county of almost 1 million people. We share the property with our son Casey (3 1/2), and a herd of domesticated animals including 2 dogs, 3 cats, 3 parrots, and 4 Blue Swedish ducks, 10 Buff Orpington chickens, not to mention my oldest hobby aquarium fish.

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Cabin Fever

Getting pretty sick of the cold and wet weather. The only gardening I've been able to do is repotting New Guinea Impatiens I took cuttings from in the fall. Even though they're doing well and I should have more of them than I can actually use it doesn't occupy much of my time off.

On the up side I've gotten about 20 seed catalogs to go through and can start planning my garden this year, but it's still 2 months until I can even start the seeds so in the end it's just a big time waster. I wish global warming would hurry up and get here so I could start in February, but in the end I don't think that's gonna happen, what with Al Gore working as hard as he is. Considering he helped invent the internet, this shouldn't be much of a challenge for him.

God I'm bored......

No comments: